We’re pleased to announce that Sensei LMS, a free learning management system integrates with the WP Zapier WordPress plugin. Allowing site owners to send data via a webhook when a learner enrolls for a course; Completes a quiz; Completes a lesson and more!
Some Ideas for Using Sensei LMS and Zapier
Automating your WordPress site has a lot of benefits to it. With Sensei LMS and WP Zapier you can integrate with over 2,000+ applications (that Zapier supports). Some tutors may want to automate with Sensei LMS and Zapier could be:
- Send out a specific email for user’s that start a new lesson of a course. Such as relative study packs for that particular course or lesson.
- Add Sensei learners to MailChimp when they enroll for a course.
- Automatically create a certificate when a user passes a quiz or send suggested lessons/study material if a user fails a quiz.
The possibilities of sending data out on these specific Sensei LMS triggers will help improve the learners experience and automate tasks that may require user interaction to complete. Saving you time to focus on more important tasks that require your attention.
Sensei LMS Zapier Triggers
- User Starts a Course: Send data out when a learner enrolls for a course. Data that is sent is general user information, the course ID and course title.
- User Completes a Course: Send data out when a learner completes a course. Data that is sent is general user information, the course ID and course title.
- User Starts a Lesson: Send data out when a learner starts an individual lesson. Data that is sent is general user information, the lesson ID, the lesson title, the course ID it belongs to and the title of the course.
- User Completes a Lesson: Send data out when a learner completes an individual lesson. Data that is sent is general user information, the lesson ID, the lesson title, the course ID it belongs to and the title of the course.
- User Completes a Quiz: Send data out when a learner completes a lesson’s quiz. Data that is sent is general user information, quiz ID, the quiz’s grade, pass percentage and quiz grade type.
Hi There, could you give an example on how we can achieve sending emails from mailchimp once a user completes their course.
Thanks for leaving a comment here. I’ll paraphrase what steps you can take with WP Zapier to achieve the results. (I’d recommend using something like SendGrid instead of MailChimp for this use-case):
1. Setup an outgoing event inside WP Zapier and select the relevant trigger. In your case, Course completed. (This will send data to Zapier every time a user completes a course).
2. Follow the steps in Zapier to map your data from the webhook, you can follow this guide for the time being: https://yoohooplugins.com/documentation/getting-started-wp-zapier/ (This is to be updated as the UI has changed slightly).
3. Once your trigger is setup you may choose the action, in this case send an email via SendGrid or add a user to a MailChimp list. (You can filter data within Zapier – this may require a paid account).
4. You’re done, your site will automatically email users that complete a course.
We’d be more than happy to help you in a deeper level on our support channel, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
I hope this helps.
I’m quite excited about this plugin. Is it possible to add specific Mailchimp tags depending on which course is started?
This should be possible. You may need to tweak WP Zapier a little (for your outbound event) to dynamically set the tags based on the courses level ID. Feel free to create a support ticket, and I’ll gladly assist you with this tweak.
Okay that’s great to hear, that’s just what I need.