In this article you will learn how to accept donations through WooCommerce by using the versatile Name Your Price WooCommerce plugin.
- Latest version of Name Your Price plugin.
- A WooCommerce store.
- Basic knowledge of navigating and working with WooCommerce products.
Steps to creating a donation WooCommerce Product
- Navigate to your WooCommerce product area and create a new product (or edit an existing product). Be sure to fill out the necessary information as product title, description and image.
- Go to the product meta options and select the “Name Your Price” option.
- Enable the “Name Your Price” option checkbox.
- Customize the label that will be displayed next to the amount field for customers. For example, you can use “Enter Donation” as the label.
- Depending on your requirements, you can choose to set predefined amounts or specify a minimum and maximum amount for customers to enter.
- Publish the product and customers can now add it to their cart and donate the amount of their choice using the standard checkout process. The donation product will function like any other product available on your site.